Tag Archives: #effinghamchurches

Mizpah United Methodist Church, 1859, Effingham County —

From the South Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church: In the late 1850s, Dr. Ayer from Rome came to the community to visit his daughter, Mrs. Anderson P. Longstreet, who lived in the community. There was no Methodist church … Continue reading

Posted in Coastal Georgia and South Carolina, Happenings, Historic and farm homes in Coastal Georgia and South Carolina | Tagged , | Leave a comment